No Trick! Havasu Scanner Feed wants to make sure that you and your loved ones have a safe Halloween celebration weekend and stay out of the news.
1) To prevent tripping or falling down, costumes should have good clearance and not drag. Have children wear their own shoes, rather than giant feet.
2) Costumes should be fireproof.
3) Make sure there are no ties or strings that could get caught on something.
4) If your child is carrying a prop such as a plastic knife or pitchfork, be sure the tips are smooth and flexible enough to not cause injury.
5) Have children wear reflective tape, carry a flashlight or glow stick to make them more visible to cars.
6) Tell your children not to eat any candy until you’ve had a chance to check it. Be sure all candy is wrapped and doesn’t appear to be tampered with. It’s a good idea to feed children a big dinner beforehand, so they are less likely to eat candy while trick or treating.
7) Children should be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult while trick-or-treating. Or, they should go in the early evening daylight hours, be home by a certain time and parents should know what route they will be taking.
8) Talk to your children about safety issues, such as not getting into cars or talking to strangers, walking not running, looking both ways before crossing the street and not approach houses that don’t have outside lights on or dogs in a fenced yard.
9) Be extra careful with lighted candles or jack-o-lanterns inside your home. Place them where pets or children cannot accidentally knock them over.
10) Do not feed pets any Halloween candy. Chocolate is toxic to cats and dogs; and wrappers, such as tin foil can get stuck in their digestive system and make them ill.
To help keep the roadways safe by not driving while intoxicated, please call yourself a designated driver from one of the options below.
Give UBER a try – Download the Uber App to your smartphone and enter promo code G1FCDQNVUE (or sign up online) for your first ride free*, compliments of Havasu Scanner Feed. Nearest ride is usually only 5 to 10 minutes away. 4 Passengers Max.
Also available – Call for estimated pickup times.
• 706-RIDE – (928) 706-7433
• Day & Night Shuttle – (928) 486-7208
• Todd’s Shuttle – (928) 706-8633
• 5 Dollar Holler – (928) 208-3376
• Elite VIP Shuttle – (928) 846-0069
• Kinda Like a Taxi – (928) 230-6060
• Best Ride & Sir Edwards – (928) 854-1500
* Uber “First Ride Free” is a $15 credit to your new account which will likely cover your ride from any part of bar to your home. Not guaranteed. Use the estimate tool within the app prior to summoning your ride. Surge fees may apply.