Dispatch putting out a call to the 2400 block of Stroke Drive – RP is reporting smoke (no flames) inside her home. She has cut the power to the residence and has evacuated.
FD en route
PD en route
Battalion Chief on scene advising single family home.
Engine crews entering structure, reporting light haze throughout the house. Investigating kitchen area revealed a deep fryer plugged in and on. FD believes this is the cause.
Working ventilation to clear the air.
Two FD Units staged for additional needs.
FD confirmed with owner that she was attempting to clean the 4-gallon deep fryer, put water in it, boiled it down and forgot about it.
Additional engines clearing except one.
[map address=”2400 Stroke Drive, Lake Havasu City, AZ”]