At approximately 4:26pm on Sunday, Sept. 13th, 2015, a fire was reported by the homeowner in the 3000 block of Bounty Ln. The occupants discovered a grease fire on the stove and attempted to extinguish the fire. The first arriving fire company reported light smoke throughout the house, one patient needing medical attention and fire in the attic above the stove. Three engine companies, one truck company, and a Battalion Chief responded to the fire and gained control of the fire in 7 minutes. One of the occupants received minor smoke inhalation and was treated and transported to HRMC. There was no report of injuries to the firefighters. Crews remained on the scene an additional hour conducting salvage operations. Damages were confined to the kitchen and attic area above the kitchen and were estimated at $8,000. The cause of the fire was unattended cooking materials.
Listen Live to calls for realtime updates.