PRESS RELEASE: Garage Fire on Friday, September 19th

Posted on Sunday, September 21st, 2014 at 12:37 AM

At approximately 11:54am on Friday, Sept. 19th, 2014 a fire was reported by the homeowner in the 300 block of Cat Claw Ln. The occupants discovered smoke and fire in the garage and evacuated the residence. The first arriving fire company reported smoke and flames coming from a garage window. Four engine companies, one truck company, and a Battalion Chief responded to the fire and gained control of the fire in 15 minutes. The occupants evacuated the house safely and no injuries were reported by the firefighters. CERT responded to the fire to assist with Rehab duties for the firefighters. Crews remained on the scene an additional two hours helping with salvage and overhaul operations. Damages were confined to the garage area and were estimated at $50,000. Fire crews were able to keep the fire from spreading into the residence, saving approximately $200,000 in property and preventing displacement of the residents. The cause of the fire was due to overheating of a remote control(RC)car charging device.

Listen Live to calls for realtime updates.