INFORMATION SENT TO HAVASU SCANNER FEED BY FRIENDS IN BULLHEAD POLICE DEPARTMENT .
‘Tis the Season! Here are some tips to ensure a safe holiday shopping season.
1) Guard your Money
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
- Women: carry a small purse that closes securely. Don’t set your bag down inside a shopping cart; carry it under your arm.
- Men: Wallets should be kept close to your body, preferably under a jacket or sweater to prevent pick pocketing. Keep cash in your front pocket.
2) Guard your Purchases
- Do not leave shopping bags unattended.
- Do not leave any valuables inside your vehicle, especially in plain view.
3) Guard your Identity Online
- Shop at websites you trust.
- Avoid public Wi-Fi.
- Create strong passwords.
- Pay with a credit card. You’ll usually get the best liability protection if defrauded.
4) Guard Yourself
- Shop during the day when you can. If you shop at night, go with a friend and park in a well-lit area.
- Avoid walking alone in abandoned parking lots or halls. If you feel unsafe, find mall security and ask for an escort.
- Dress casually and comfortably and avoid wearing expensive jewelry.
- Look alert, walk with confidence and be aware of your surroundings. Criminals often target people who appear distracted and vulnerable.
Listen Live to calls for realtime updates.